"How to root my Note 2?"
"How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat?"
As a highly expected device, many people are seeking the root methods on Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Truly rooting restarts a new life into your old device. You can uninstall annoying Samsung bloatware that you’ve never used and get rid of restricted factory settings, then, you can play around with custom ROMs and making your device truly yours. You can also improve your battery life, too. So in this article two tutorials will be introduced: Root Note 2 with iRoot and root Note 2 with Odin.
Preparations before rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Anyway, if you want to make some changes on Android, you should make some preparations at first.
· The first thing you need to do is backup your important file.
· Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 on your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
· Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
· Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 85% of charge.
Method 1: How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Using iRoot
The reason that you should choose iRoot first is that it is an effective tool to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with least time and highest success rate. Also, iRoot is no doubt your first choice as you can choose iRoot for PC or iRoot for Android free. Now Follow these steps on how to root Note 2 with PC using iRoot:
1. Download iRoot for PC from the Official website.
2. Launch iRoot and open it.
3. Choose “User Agreement” and tap the “Connect” after opening iRoot.
4. Click “Root” when your phone connected with the software.
5. Several minutes later your Note 2 will be rooted successfully.
As said before, if you want to root Android phone without PC, you can also root Samsung Note 2 with iRoot Android version as you like since both of them are user friendly.
Method 2: How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Using Odin
Apart from iRoot, you can also root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Odin. Procedures may be a little complicated. Now read the steps on how to root Note 2 Sprint, Verizon, T-mobile or At&t.
1. There are several Odin versions available but considering the rate of success, you had better to use Odin3 v3.09 (for JellyBean and KitKat) or Odin3 v3.10.6 (for Lollipop).
2. Turn off your device and then press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons together for 2-3 seconds.
3. Then, you will see t a warning Yellow Triangle Sign. You can press the Volume Up key to continue.
4. Since you have installed related drivers and Odin program, open Odin program, you will see a yellow ID:COM box with a random number in it.
4. Click on PDA under Files [Download] and find the cwm6-root-note2.tar. file. Select it and click on Start. From here, Odin will flash the custom CWM Recovery. If it's successful, a green "PASS!" box will appear.
4. After that, Note 2 will boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery in order to install the SuperUser app and its binaries. Then, reboot again.
5. Your Galaxy Note 2 is now rooted. Your device will reboot here.
With these 2 methods, you will master the way on how to root Android Note 2 well. Remember that the way with Odin only applied to Samsung devices, if you want to get root access on other Android phone, choose iRoot at best.